CLARE LOUISE FREEMAN – Personal Trainer, Exercise Specialist & Director
Clare is the founder of Zigs, a wife, a mother, a friend and an inspiration (says Hubby Gary).
She has a passion for health and well-being and a strong desire to help others get the best from themselves.
Clare has been involved in health and fitness for over 20 years and over those years she has worked with clients of all ages groups and physical abilities. She has an amazing ability to spot muscular/skeletal imbalances and has the knowledge and skills to help a person rectify these imbalances and massively improve their physical function. Widely respected by Physio’s and Chiropractors she has a busy UK client base.
Her training has covered a wide mix of western and eastern philosophy’s in both the physical and mindset areas of health and is someone who continually seeks to expand her knowledge.
Clare likes to challenge her own physicality and has completed numerous Triathlons and distance running events. This combined with her love of travel has seen her train with the Shaolin monks in China, stay at an ashram in India, go to a Pole Dancing retreat in the Caribbean and complete high altitude treks in Africa and Europe.
A natural organiser with a love of performance has also led her to organise numerous dance performance raising thousands for local charities.
Come & try a free taster at Zigs and let Clare be your guide to a greater potential & better energy.
Clare’s Training, Experience & Knowledge…
- BSc (Hons) in Exercise & Health Science (major) with Performance Arts (minor)
- NVQ Level II in Teaching & Coaching Fitness
- Pilates Based Matwork Instructor Certificate incl. OCR update
- Pilates on the Ball (Pilates Institute)
- CHEK Exercise Coach
- Later Life Postural Stability Instructor, specialist exercise for frailer, older adults
- White Lotus Tai Chi Chi Kung Instructor
- IIHT Certificate in Body Massage
- IIHT Diploma in Aromatherapy
- Deep Tissue Sports Therapy Massage
- Zumba Basics
- Vertical Dance Pole Instructor
- 1st Aid Certificate
- CRB Check
- Register of Exercise Professionals, Level 4
GARY FREEMAN – Personal Trainer, Exercise Specialist & Director
This is Gaz who I quite fancy, it’s a good job as he is my husband & father of our gorgeous sons, Zachary & Bertie (says wifey, Clare).
Gaz loves doing off the beaten track training in different places around the world. It wasn’t love at 1st sight as I was recovering from the X but over time he helped me trust again – so that’s why I fell in love with him.
Together we found ways to grow & explore life. Gaz always inspires me to take my own training to the next level.
When we met we were both nuts about travelling abroad to exciting places & trying adventurous activities, like trekking in Kilimanjaro & climbing mount Elbrus in Russia.
We got married in Lake Garda, Italy & also ran the marathon there to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We loved Lake Garda so much we cycled the distance of the lake too – we’ve yet to swim it.
During our travels we visited a retreat in Thailand & stayed in an Ashram in India & trained for a few weeks in a shaolin Kung Fu school in Yantaii, Eastern China. Gaz is a real people person & a shining light. Whilst I was pregnant the 1st time, he trained for his lifelong goal to run the Marathon Des Sables – 6 or so marathons across the Sahara Desert. Strangely Gaz looked like he had been on a spa holiday after this 50 degree trip! The 2nd time we were pregnant he ran 100km in a day (well some of the night too) in the race against the stones.
We have 2 sons, Zachary & Bertie, who helped us focus our strengths & passion in life for what’s important to us & how we can help others via Zigs. We’d love to meet you & share what we do to help you, starting with our free taster.
Gary’s Training, Experience & Knowledge…
- CHEK Exercise Coach
- Register of Exercise Professionals: Level 2
- Future Fit Gym Instructor
- Sports Injury Massage qualified
- White Lotus Level 1 Tai Chi trained teacher
- First Aid Certificate
- CRB Check
- Race to the Stones, Avebury 100km
- Toughest Footrace on Earth – 250km across Sahara
- Climbed Africa’s highest mountain – Kilimanjaro (5895m).
- Climbed Europe’s highest mountain – Elbrus (5642m).
- Climbed Mt. Kenya (4985m).
- Climbed North Africa’s highest mountain – Toubkal (4167m).
- Gloucester 50km road race.
- Twice completed Snowdonia marathon.
- Twice completed South Cerney Triathlon (olympic distance).
- 15 welsh mountains above 3000ft in 48 hours.
- 3 peaks challenge.
- Sprint triathlons, half marathons & many 10k’s.